How to Decide Catering Menu for Your Corporate Event
Business meetings can no longer get away with being just ‘average’. Gone are the days when corporate gatherings and events took a mundane form with basic formalities being fulfilled left, right and centre. Of course, such events are still about celebrating new and improved numbers, mammoth deals, troop motivation and a glance in to the business future. Also, it proves to be a credible opportunity to get into the good books of a few high-profilers and hand over appraisals to star performers.
However, it is not all sunshine and rainbows! Executing a seamless corporate event is much harder than what it seems. And the food you serve plays a major role in acting as a deal maker/breaker. This is where opting for hi-end catering services become a foregone conclusion. Here’s a list of what you need to keep in mind while finalizing the catering menu for your next corporate event:
1. Go For An Accurate Headcount:
- This is not only a significant money saver but it ensures that you keep everybody happy.
- One of the most important pre-requisites, do your due diligence when it comes to getting an accurate headcount. Don’t dilly-dally by getting a ballpark number.
- There’s nothing more embarrassing than a few guests roaming the halls without plates come dinner time.
2. What’s the Budget?
- Before planning everything else, ask yourself, ‘What is the budget for this event?’
- Just like any other party, opting for a fixed budget at the start is always the smart way to go. I understand that this could be a confusing task; hence ensure that you finalize a maximum value.
- Losing track of the numbers is a common occurrence during event preparation. This will ensure you never go off the targeted road.
3. Thoughtfulness Comes in Handy:
- Even though it is practically impossible to satisfy everybody, try to keep the catering menu as diverse as possible.
- Consider both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. Don’t limit yourself to either side.
- Try to include low calorie options, gluten-free food items for health enthusiasts.
- Be on the safe side by avoiding dishes that are too oily, spicy or salty.
- Avoid common allergens and include something for lactose intolerant individuals as well.
4. Drink Up!
- Before setting up the menu, often it occurs that individuals tend to forget about ‘drinks’ altogether being too bogged down by selecting the appropriate meal.
- Having something to wash down the food with is always a major attraction point for all guests.
5. You Can Never Go Wrong With A Buffet:
- The best thing about a buffet is that it is very easy to organize irrespective of the scale of the event.
- It also enables your guests to choose what they please with a myriad of options as well.
- Moreover, there is no limit on the quantity which is always a hit.
6. Something For Everyone:
- Make sure that there is something for everyone by offering a wide array of food items from multiple cuisines.
- Sticking to just a single cuisine might come back to haunt you given the diversity of individuals that will show up.
- Think outside the box by including some non-local flavours as well.
7. Consultation Is Underrated:
- There is a plethora of corporate caterers you can choose from to meet your needs.
- They are deemed as ‘professionals’ for a reason, as they know their job and do it well.
- Not every chore can be fulfilled in-house. If you want to organize a corporate event worth remembering, you will have to loosen up your pockets a tad.
Hope the above mentioned points will be useful in planning a great corporate event. Have a happy event!