Top Catering Ideas for Baby Shower Function
It could be a daunting task when conducting a baby shower party without proper planning. Arranging food is the most complicated thing while throwing a baby shower party most families prefer home catering services on such special occasions. However, catering services and ideas of a baby shower function purely depend upon the factors like timing of the function, length of baby shower event, and the budget along with the location where you are going to conduct the function.
It wouldn’t be so nice to keep your guest with grumbling tummies on such a fun-filled event. Here in this article, we elaborate on what things to be considered before arranging a successful baby shower event along with top catering ideas for the baby shower function.
Planning a Baby Shower Menu
There hasn’t been any organized menu chart for serving your guest at a baby shower function, so you can serve your guest according to your wish. However, there are few guidelines to follow for arranging better catering menus to make it easier and simpler.
Here are the secrets to conduct a great baby shower function with top catering menus.
- Serve with Lots of Options: Your catering menu for your baby shower function should have a wide range of food items along with dietary needs. Having a diverse food item at your catering will ease people who have some restriction of foods due to their health condition.
- Baby Shower Function Time: Arranging the catering menu depends upon the time of your baby shower function. If your function falls in the early afternoon or late morning means arranging a brunch or light lunch menu will be perfect. However, if your function falls in the late afternoon or early evening means you need to provide a heartier menu.
- Budget & Location: Serving a big spread along with drinks and desserts will cost you a lot. So, always stick with your budget and consider the number of guests you invited to plan your food menu. Likewise, the venue/location of your baby shower function plays a role in planning a perfect food menu. If you planned to conduct at home, you can provide a hot food menu, else you need to hire the best catering services for your function happening in the hall or restaurant.
- Serving Style: To avoid food wastage and avoid preparing specific food in large quantities, prefer buffet catering services with a wide range of food items. With such a type of catering service, you can satisfy all your guests and also avoid food wastage significantly.
Well, those secrets will guide you perfectly for conducting a great baby shower function. Now, let’s learn the top catering ideas to be followed for conducting a great baby shower event.
Baby Shower Function Best Catering Ideas
Here in this section, we have illustrated the top catering ideas to follow for a great baby shower function based on the function time, take a look.
Food Ideas for Brunch
Conducting your baby shower function early afternoon is the best idea for serving diverse and easy brunch food menus. Brunch food menus would be blended with breakfast along with few luncheon options.
- English Muffins
- French Toast
- Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Tea Sandwiches
- Quiche or Frittata
- Fresh Fruits
- Home fries /Grits / Hash browns
- Coffee & Teas
Food Ideas for Luncheon
If you planned to conduct your baby shower function during the afternoon, then your catering menu should include hot and cold foods.
- Fresh Salads
- Pasta Salads
- Finger Sandwiches
- Mini Shepherd’s Pies
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Cheese & Crackers
- Roasted Meats/ Cold Cuts
- Deviled Eggs
- Veggies & Dip
- Fruit Kabobs
If you are planning to conduct evening parties for your baby shower event, then make sure you have a casual bash in your home backyard to provide fabulous food items for your guest.
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Corn on the Cob
- Mini Sliders
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Fresh Salads
- Pasta Salads
- Baked Mac n’ Cheese
- Fruit Salad
- Delicious Desserts
Drink Ideas for Your Baby Shower
Here are the lists of drinks you can include on your function as a refreshment drink to your party guests.
- Champagne Punch
- Sparkling Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
- Assorted Sodas
With the proper planning, you can do wonders on your baby shower function, especially on arranging food items for your guests and making them a surprise. Also, never let the pressure take control over you during party time, just accept the help offered from your neighbors and make things easier.